banner

Sabtu, 29 Agustus 2020

author photo
Auxiliary verb biasanya digunakan dengan verb (kata kerja) untuk membantu mengekspresikan arti atau memiliki fungsi gramatikal tertentu. Ada berbagai macam bentuk auxiliay verb, yang dikelompokkan sebagai berikut ini,

I
To be --- bentuk is/ am are - was dan were - being - been
To do --- bentuk do/ does - did
Have  --- bentuk have/ has - had

II. Modal auxiliary
can
will
shall
may
must
ought to
could (bentuk lampau dari can)
should (bentuk lampau dari shall)
would (bentuk lampau dari will)
might (bentuk lampau dari may)
had to (bentuk lampau dari must)

III.
used to
need
dare

Pada tulisan kali ini kita beranjak ke dalam bentu auxiliary khususnya bentuk can dan will. Kedua bentuk tersebut sangat sering kita jumpai dalam konteks percakapan sehari hari. Nah seperti apa pembahasannya, berikut ulasan tentang bentuk modal can dan will.

Can
Bentuk modal can dipakai untuk menyatakan
1. Kesanggupan atau kemahiran seseorang
Contoh :
  • You can see the beauty of magelang city from the Andong peak.
  • Can you speak Japanese language?
  • I'm afraid  I can't come to your birthday party next Sunday.
2. Minta ijin
Contoh :
  • Can I borrow your bicycle?
  • Can I come to your house?
3. Menyatakan kemungkinan
Contoh :

  • She can be at home at night.
  • He can be the winner of the competition.
Bentuk could
Bentuk could merupakan bentuk lampau dari can. Akan tetapi penerapan bentuk could dalam kalimat tidak selalu menyatakan bentuk lampau dari can, bentuk could bisa menyatakan permintaan dengan sopan atau menyatakan kemungkinan.
Contoh :

  • Indah could sing Javanese song when she was child. (Indah bisa menyanyikan lagu jawa saat dia masih kecil, tetapi saat sekarang tidak bisa)
  • Lola couldn't come to my birthday last night because she had to accompany her om in the hospital. ( Lola tidak bisa datang ke pesta ulang tahunku tadi malam karena dia harus menemani ibunya di rumah sakit)
  • Could you help me to repair my laptop? (Bisakah kamu memperbaiki laptop saya?)
  • Could you take the book for me? (Bisakah kamu mengambilkan buku itu untukku?)
  • She could be very busy at that time. ( Dia mungkin sangat sibuk)

Will
Modal will digunakan untuk menyatakan,
1. akan, yaitu dalam bentuk simple future tense.
Contoh :
  • I will go to Yogyakarta next week.
  • He will come here soon.
2. Menyatakan prediksi
Contoh :
  • According to the weather report, it will be cloudy tomorrow.
  • Be careful on your playing! You will hurt yourself!
3. Permintaan dengan sopan atau menawarkan
Contoh :
  • Will you go with me?
  • Will you accompany me to go to the movie?
Bentuk would
Bentuk would digunakan untuk menyatakan bentuk lampau dari will. Selain itu would juga untuk mengekspresikan permohonan atau permintaan dengan sopan. 
Contoh :
  • He would go Surabaya before he got a holiday.
  • Would you please help me?
=========================================================================================
1. He ... play badminton very well now but he could play well when he was a child.
can
can't

2. Mita has traveled a lot. She ... speak four languages now.
can
could

3. I looked everywhere my phone but I ... find it.
could
couldn't

4. I'm sorry that we ... come to your party next Sunday.
can
can't

5. You are speaking very quitely. I ... hear you.
couldn't
can't

6. It's cold today. I don't think I ... go out.
can't
will

7. I haven't done the shopping yet. I ... do it later.
could
will

8. This smartphone is very expensive. I ... buy it.
wont
can't

9. I feel tired. I ... stay at my house all day.
can
will

10. Your bag is very heavy. I ... carry it for you.
would
will

11. I am hungry. I ... have something to eat.
can
will

12. Which one is correct?
It's a nice day. I think I'll sit in the garden
It's a nice day. I think I sit in the garden

13. Which one is correct?
I was tired but I can't sleep
I was tired but I couldn't sleep

14. Anna ... to the concert next saturday. She has to work.
can go
can't go

Score =
Correct answers:
=========================================================================================
Semoga Bermanfaat

This post have 0 comments


EmoticonEmoticon

Next article Next Post
Previous article Previous Post
Back to Top